The PORTER-CABLE 690LR Fixed-Base Router incorporates a 1.75 HP motor system and allows for powerful operation of router with a single high speed of 27,500 revolutions per minute. This router gives you efficient and precise cuts and allows for a comfortable use with its two ergonomic handles that are appropriately placed for user comfort during operation. Even if you are busy doing wood working jobs all day long, you will find this router a great help as it will relieve a lot of your stress and would make your job easier and less time consuming. Users would get enhanced convenience with the use of this wood router. Moreover it is appointed with collets that can accept shank bits of 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch.
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 12 x 8.6 inches
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Motor: 11 Amp, 1 ¾ Hp
- Collet Chucks: ½ and ¼ inch
- No Load Speed: 27,500 rpm
- Warranty: 3- year, 90-day money back guarantee
Rigid Construction for Stability
The construction of PORTER-CABLE 690LR Fixed-Base Router is rigid and durable. Motor housing and base are made up of precision-machined aluminum that makes the machine more efficient. Moreover dust sealed switch prevents from dust accumulation keeping components protected against dust. Also it includes sealed ball bearing construction that works as a guard against wear and tear and would enable you to carry out various applications on site on regular basis.
This fixed base router has dimensions of 12 x 5.5 x 8.62 inches with weight of around 8 pounds. PORTER-CABLE offers a 3 years limited warranty along with 1 year free service compact with 90 days money back guarantee.
With powerful 1 ¾ peak horsepower, 11 amp motor systems, the PORTER-CABLE 690LR Fixed-Base Router can surely become the most important tool in your workshop. Its robust power and a high single speed of 27,500 RPM enable you to handle a variety of hardworking jobs of wood with ease. You can be sure of getting a consistent stable performance with its cam lock lever that makes coarse height adjustment pretty simple. The router includes quick fixed base motor release that allows user to move the pack of the motor between d-handle and plunge bases. These bases are however sold separately.
For accuracy and precise results of trimming, you can surely select this wood router as it offers accuracy to within 1/128 inch. Height can be adjusted in a breeze and having router at the appropriate height would ensure accuracy. A micro depth adjustor is appointed with this machine that is one of the important features of the wood router offering you absolutely precise results. The 1/2 and 1/4 inches router collets are a nice feature to have for wood workers and the specification matches that of the DEWALT DW618PK Variable Speed Router. Having both of these bit sizes surely proves beneficial and above that set of bits with the router is really simple. This wood router includes two wrenches that allows for easy tightening and loosing of collet. You can even make this setting easier by placing the router on a working table.
Comfort and Convenience of Use
The PORTER-CABLE 690LR Fixed-Base Router is known to have a user-friendly design and system. It gives consistency in performance with an auto-release collet system that ensures easy and quick removal of the bit. A stop is located under the table that keeps the motor from rotating out of the base accidently. You will experience complete comfort of your hands and wrists even when you work long extended hours with this wood router, all credit goes to the ergonomic molded grips. So if you are involved in extended wood working projects, you can buy the wood router by PORTER-CABLE for complete satisfaction.
What’s In the Box?
The PORTER-CABLE 690LR includes router, motor, fixed base, collect wrench, 1/4 and 1/2 inch collet and an operator’s manual.
- 11 amps, 1.75 HP motor powers give efficiency in performance.
- Excellent Single speed of 27,500 RPM
- Aluminum motor housing and base made with precision for durability.
- Easy motor release and height adjustment system with cam lock lever.
- Micrometer depth adjustment accuracy up to 1/128 inches.
- Bit removal is easy with auto release collet system.
- Dust sealed switch and sealed ball bearing construction.
- This router comes with 3 years warranty.
- Soft startup is missing in this router that you can find in other brands and models within similar range.
- No variable speed option only one single speed though an impressive figure.
- No case included so there is tendency of additional parts that doesn’t have a proper storage case.
- Some users also felt that the switch has a poor placement and have reported facing trouble using it.
- The router only includes a fixed base whereas now many of the kits are offered with both fixed and variable bases.
If your primary concern is to get a wood router with impressive power and efficiency then you can consider buying the PORTER-CABLE 690LR Fixed-Base Router. It comes with a professional grade 1.75 HP motor, 27,500 RPM single sped capacity and an ergonomic user-friendly design. Provided you find all the features of this router suitable for your wood working job, this one is surely a recommended buy for professionals as well as hobbyist woodworkers around. With the aid of this fixed foundation tool, you will be able to cut and form pieces of wood efficiently and with ease. Moreover it is priced well and for the money you are paying it is completely worth buying this tool.